9.11.2011

9/11... 10 Years Already?!

I can't believe it's been 10 years since 9/11 happened.  A life-changing day for everyone, not just those involved or those who lost loved ones, not even just Americans.  It affected everyone across the world.  An event that made us feel hopeless and disgusted that anyone could even fathom something so horrible. 

I'm not sure about you, but I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard the news, like it was just yesterday.  I was on my way to school (I was in high school at the time), and remember hearing on the radio that a "plane hit a building".  I remember thinking, "who would be stupid enough to run a plane into a building?!?!" 

Amazing that a "stupid" person running a plane into a building was in fact a terrorist attack.  As Americans, we never thought that could happen to us.  I know at this point, my ideas of America being a fearless country, have been slightly changed.  Now I worry that we AREN'T untouchable; that we can be easily attacked; that they've broken and beaten us down.  We are still trying to pick up the pieces from 10 years ago, and we will never be the same. 

Today, my heart goes out to those thinking of their lost and loved ones from 9/11.  I can only imagine the pain each year at this time. 

It also reminds me of the song by Darryl Worley - Have You Forgotten?  I listened to this song for a long time when it came out.  I love it!



Where were you when you heard the news about the towers being struck??

No comments:

Post a Comment