12.18.2011

DIY Christmas Wreath

Through one of the blogs that I read, I saw this AWESOME "S" hanging wreath, which can be purchased through etsy.com. 

Monogram Wreath 

I decided that I could easily make this myself, rather than paying $35 plus shipping.  So... see below for my directions on how I did it.

Products used:
-Cardboard "M"
-Natural Jute (or other twine-like material)
-Hot glue gun
-Black ribbon
-Stapler
Total Cost: $5-10.  All goods purchased from Hobby Lobby

First, I started wrapping the jute around the M.  I glued a piece to the backside to be sure it stayed in place, then just continued to wind around.  I'd glue pieces down every so often, just to be sure they didn't slide around too much. 






Below is the M once all the jute has been wrapped around it.  The way I wrapped it was in 4 different sections.  By doing it this way I could wrap and not worry about the direction I was going or strands overlapping in the tight areas.
  
After I was done with the jute, I had to figure out a way to hang it, of which I hot glued and stapled a ribbon to the backside (staples in case the glue doesn't hold well).
Then I added a couple of pearl beads to the front and wa-la, it's done and hanging with the wreath on the front door.  I thought it added a bit to the traditional wreath.  Plus the great thing is that how I designed it, I CAN hang it year-round if I want to.  Whoot!




1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Very warm and inviting when you pull up to the house!

    ReplyDelete