8.04.2011

What I'm Reading Now...

In the past few months I've been reading tons of books.  Partially I like to keep my mind occupied, and partially becuase I don't have much else to do.  Ever since our Wedding last year, I've been trying to find new hobbies to keep me busy.  It's hard to know what to do with yourself after planning such a big event... especially one that consumed ALL of your time.

Anyways... the book I've picked up recently is called Basic Black: The Essential Guide for Getting Ahead at Work (and in Life) by Cathie Black.  I'm only about halfway through, but I've really enjoyed it so far.  She is the President of Hearst Magazines, and she gives advice and input on the things she's learned along the way to the top.  It's really interesting the things that she points out.  Some of it seems like such basic information, but so much of it is not practiced on a daily basis. 


Source: Amazon.com

I definitely recommend picking up a copy.

I'm always open for recommendations on a good read if anyone has any.  Personally, I prefer non-fiction, self help, biography type of books... but I'm open to other suggestions as well.  Have you read anything fabulous lately???

No comments:

Post a Comment